Sunday, December 2, 2007

Football

I love football. I love big hits. I love the violence. I love the brutality of it. This is funny because neither my high school nor my college had football. I knew nothing about football until I met the spouse. 2005 is when I learned about the game and how it works. 2006 is the season I went crazy for it. But what continually amazes me is how often people DON'T get hurt. I just saw Fred Taylor get somersaulted by Bob Sanders by the sideline. He landed on his hand and rolled. But he didn't get hurt. That always blows me away.

Even though I LOVE big hits (they make me giggle), I don't like seeing someone get hurt. I can't watch Theisman's leg get broken. It turns my stomach. But I love the sound of a really good hit. And watching it in slow motion when I can see how their bodies contort? Most excellent.

My favorite player is Dick Butkis. But I wear Nathan Vasher's jersey every Sunday. It was a Christmas gift last year and was not easy to find. Even after he returned a missed field goal for 108 yards in 2005, not many people like him or want to wear his jersey.

No comments: